Friday 11 January 2008

A Picture Tells 1000 Lies

Amazon is a wonderful place to shop. It's online so lazy sons-of-bitches like me don't have to get up and experience that most dreaded of activities "exercise", it's full to the brim of useful gadgets and gizmos (both popular and obscure), and with it you can buy your goods with a few simple clicks and await a speedy delivery.

With all these things in mind I recently went in search for some new headphones. After a quick hunt around I quickly discovered a set of Koss Porta Pro StereoPhones with good sound quality and some much improved bass output. Not only that but the phones had a built-in microphone. Success! So I placed my order and not particularly anxiously awaited delivery.

Upon arrival I soon discovered that my built in microphone was nothing but the PC jack. The headphones themselves are fantastic, but I hold a certain resentment for the bastard who took that picture. Either he's an idiot or a psychologically exploitative communist - neither of which leans me towards hiring him for any of my Christmas do's. And its not just him; search any random part of eBay and you'll find photographers less competent with a camera than a german with a rifle. Never forget the poor son of a bitch who spent $3000 on a brand new PlayStation 3 ......box.

So to all those idiots with a camera whoring our money - a picture may say 1000 words, but nothing quite says "Fuck You" like saying it, does it?

~ Fox

No comments: